Top 10 Best Portable 12v Air Compressor Reviews
No matter what type of air compressing problems you have, a 12v air compressor can take care of most of those. This is the reason that why we say that best portable 12v air compressor is the prime one when it comes to compressing.
If you have a car, you can think less and go for the best portable 12v air compressor for car models. The ten products that we will cover in this review will have 12 volt portable air compressor reviews for automobiles which will help you to decide which one to go for. More on that later though.
The best portable 12v air compressor is not just a name, it is a proof of having one of the finest models out there. Most companies now offer products ranged in this voltage range which is pretty awesome too.
10 Best Portable 12v Air Compressors Recommended List – 2016
|1||MasterFlow MF-1050 Air Compressor|
|2||Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume|
|3||ViAir 150 PSI High Flow Air Source Kit|
|4||Slime Pro Power Heavy Duty 12 Volt Tire Inflator|
|5||Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor|
|6||Kensun YS-205 Portable Air Compressor|
|7||Campbell Hausfeld RP1200 12 Volt Compact Inflator|
|8||Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow Air Compressor|
|9||Cartman DC12V Heavy Duty Air Compressor|
|10||ePath China Portable Super Flow 12 Volt 140 PSI Tire Inflator|
Benefits of Owning The Best Portable 12v Air Compressor
Well, there are certain benefits which will make you go for the best portable 12v air compressor in a better way. Let’s talk about some of the common ones here. Obviously, it is cost effective in the long run and we think that is the biggest advantage of owning an air compressor.
You will receive at least 50% of deduction in your tax in terms of energy costs when you go for an air compressor. An air compressor might look like a huge investment at the beginning, but if you think about the disbursement fees, you will end up saving a lot of money.
Air compressors and especially the portable ones are super easy to carry and you can use them wherever you want. People use air compressors in cars and the portable air compressor industry has flourished. All in all, there are numeric benefits which makes air compressors worth buying.
Common Problems with Portable 12V Air Compressor
Though air compressors are amazing, there are some issues that you should know about. These are common troubleshoot based issues but if you do not know about these then you might face problems or difficulties in the long run.
At times, you will see that the compressor is not cooperating with your instructions. The only way to solve that is by rebooting. It can happen due to low oil or pressure switch problems. Noise is another issue. You might also see oil leakage at times which is another unfortunate incident.
How to Find the Best Portable 12v Air Compressor For Me
You see, it is not a tough task to find the best 12v air compressor if you are careful about the whole process. The first thing that you have to do is not panic. You have to make sure that you are not panicking about the purchase. It is going to take money and time which means that you got to slow down to make sure that you are not snap judging anything.
Read reviews and always try to have faith in popular brands. If you are buying online, choosing a popular brand like Amazon might be an awesome idea. If you are buying offline, make sure that you go to a shop which has good reviews.
What are the prices of the Best Portable 12v Air Compressor?
So, the price of air compressors varies widely around the globe but the 12v ones are pretty much considered as the cheapest units. Now, you should not think that as these are cheap ones, these should be bad ones which is a common perception among consumers with pretty much everything.
The best 12v air compressor units come at a decent price point starting with a very low entry. That actually makes things easier for you as you can simply go ahead and experiment with the products when you are confused about which one to go for. All in all, price should not be a barrier when you are buying an air compressor.
Top 10 Best Portable 12v Air Compressor Reviews
1. MasterFlow MF-1050 Air Compressor
The first one that we will talk about is the MasterFlow MF 1050 air compressor which is a pretty interesting one to talk about. When it comes to customer satisfaction, this compressor stays top in the list.
You see, what do you want in a compressor? You want to have decent features at a great price with the condition that the compressor will not trouble you in near future, right? The good news is that everything that you want in a compressor is there at a decent level in this model. You will not go crazy when you see the model but you will be happy and that is what the company wants.
- Great motor
- Quick to start and work
- Can inflate a full truck within 4 minutes
- Can take power from car battery
- Comes with lots of extras such as air filter, bag and etc.
- The nipple of the hose is not a standard type; therefore, you might face issues if you need to replace it.
2. Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume Portable Air Compressor
The second one in our list is a similar one like the first one. Obviously, you can understand that the company is still the same which is Master Flow but the model is 1040 this time instead of the 1050 type. If you are looking for a budget friendly option, then this is the one to go for.
The product has an inflation rate of around 150 OSI which means that it can easily deliver up to 30 liters of air within a minute whenever you need it. That is a pretty awesome range for a compressor that comes within this price range. All in all, it is a good to go option.
- Can take power from 12 volt socket of a car
- Can directly take power from cat battery units
- Easy to move around as it is portable
- Comes with pressure gauge and coil hose
- Easy to install permanently if you want to
- The valve adapter screw does not offer quick release
3. ViAir 150 PSI High Flow Air Source Kit
If you are looking for a classy option when it comes to air compressing needs, then this can be the one for you. This is obviously not a model for everybody but this is something for those who want to have a cool looking air source for their needs which covers almost every aspect of compression.
The parts are mostly pre-installed and as there are more than enough parts in it, you will expect the pre-install feature there too. The working pressure is around 150 PSI which is a good enough option to go for. The company that produces this unit is Viair who is a pretty popular one too.
- Great working pressure
- The compressor is sealed
- Can be operated anywhere
- Comes with automated pressure switch
- There is a pressure safety release valve
- The hose adapter does not offer reduction in size
4. Slime Pro Power Heavy Duty 12 Volt Tire Inflator
If you are looking for a heavy duty tire inflator then this is the perfect compressor to go for. We all had that tire inflation issues over the time. It is a tough period. You see, we all understand that a slow compressor can still do the task but it is really tough to wait till things get finished.
There is hardly as boring in life as to see your tire getting air slowly. You want things to be done faster and the Slime pro will take care of that need for you. It is a decent one for the price that it comes for.
- Very heavy duty model and covers every aspect you need
- Takes 3 minutes to inflate one tire
- Built in dial gauge
- 150 PSI in terms of power
- Has inbuilt LED lights
- Not a good option for heavy cars (tires)
5. Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor
So, the next one in our list is again, a promising model from a great brand which is Viair. If you can remember, we talked about another product ViAir 150 from this same brand a while ago and ViAir 85P in another Post. Those were decent products as well but if you were not happy with that and wanted something that is a bit heavier, this is a good option to go for.
The product is cheap and it has millions of happy customers around. That is a good combination which you will not find in a lot of places. The 12 volt feature is obviously there. Though it is not a heavy model, you should be happy with the performance.
- 120 PSI which is a working pressure
- Great free flow
- Powered with alligator clamps which is currently the best one
- Comes with extra kits like air hose & cord
- LED lights inside to make things bright
- Again, not a wise option to go for if you have heavy cars
6. Kensun YS-205 (Home 110V) Portable Air Compressor
The first thing that you should know before reading deep is that this is not only one of the best portable 12v air compressors for your car but it can also be a great add on for your home or literally, anywhere. The home version comes with 110V which is there in the title and the car version is 12v as always.
As you can obviously understand, it can offer both AC and DC current which makes it more user friendly. The inflator is multifunctioning and the quality of the air hose is brilliant. The company says that they have tested it with huge pressures and the quality was always outstanding.
- Very long cords
- Can cover up to 33 inch tires
- Comes with 3 different nozzle designs
- Can cover from car tire to football to air mattress
- Can take up to 40 PSI load
- It is not a fast blower. It takes time
7. Campbell Hausfeld RP1200 12 Volt Compact Inflator
So, the first thing that you will like about this unit is that this is a compact model. The model comes with enough diversity and being a compact unit, you can carry it anywhere you want. The price is super low, probably the lowest in this list of the best portable 12v air compressors.
So the idea is clear. If you want something that is darn cheap and can do multi task all the time, then this is the ideal solution to go for. Yes, you have to understand that you should not expect a ton from this one. Considering that fact, this is a decent model which will satisfy you in most days.
- Very cheap to go for
- A real all-rounder
- Very compact and portable to anywhere
- Can work with all power devices
- 120 PSI in terms of inflation power
- Not a very durable model to choose
8. Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow High Volume 12 Volt Air Compressor
Most of the consumers do not look for the cheapest unit out there. Most of the purchasers look for something which is cheap but not so cheap that it cannot offer quality. It should always be a mix of the two when it comes to a good product and that is exactly what this one is all about.
If you are looking for a cheap unit, this is not that. On the other hand, if you are looking for something that will satisfy most of your needs, this will definitely do that for you. The red color might not be liked by some of you, but it is a decent one at the end of the day.
- 120 PSI level
- Comes with extra storage bag
- Easy to carry around
- Takes 2 and a half minute to inflate a tire
- Great for off road vehicles
- Doesn’t look great (issue for some people)
9. Cartman DC12V Heavy Duty Air Compressor
The next one in our list is Cartman DC12V from the company Cartman. The name is interesting and so is the product. There are four different versions that you can choose from. 2 of use 12V power unit so we will talk about these two units.
The auto shut off feature is a real help. Obviously, the old school way of pressing and trying to understand whether there is enough air inside is not a good idea to go for. The auto stop makes sure that you always have the perfect amount of air inside. Overall, this is a good model with interesting features.
- Very quick in operation
- Very long power cord
- Standard PSI
- Different versions for different taste
- Interesting digital display
- A bit heavier to carry and move
10. ePath China Portable Super Flow 12 Volt 140 PSI Tire Inflator
The last one in our list is a latest one. Going with the latest products has its advantages. They will always make sure that the old problems which are common are not there in the updated versions. This one ensures those too. The price is reasonable and so is the product.
From PSI powers to pumping, class is there in everything. The quality is decent and this product is made to be durable and long lasting. The problem that was there with the last one we reviewed is not here. This is a light one which you can easily carry anywhere you want.
- Very light to carry around
- Great barometer included inside
- Up to 140 PSI pressure
- Can use cigarette lighter power to work
- Great design
- Doesn’t work great for heavy and bulk work
No matter which air compressor are you going for, you have to make sure that you are calm about taking this decision. It costs a good amount of money to go for one of them and you should expect it to last for a long time. Where most companies are great when it comes to ensuring quality, not all are the same for obvious reasons.
Therefore, it is wise to take time and think about the decision before you rush into it. Patience is still a virtue no matter what they say. Give it a try and you will find it on your own.
- 0.1 10 Best Portable 12v Air Compressors Recommended List – 2016
- 0.2 Benefits of Owning The Best Portable 12v Air Compressor
- 0.3 Common Problems with Portable 12V Air Compressor
- 0.4 How to Find the Best Portable 12v Air Compressor For Me
- 0.5 What are the prices of the Best Portable 12v Air Compressor?
- 1 Top 10 Best Portable 12v Air Compressor Reviews
- 1.0.1 1. MasterFlow MF-1050 Air Compressor
- 1.0.2 2. Master Flow MF-1040 Cyclone High Volume Portable Air Compressor
- 1.0.3 3. ViAir 150 PSI High Flow Air Source Kit
- 1.0.4 4. Slime Pro Power Heavy Duty 12 Volt Tire Inflator
- 1.0.5 5. Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor
- 1.0.6 6. Kensun YS-205 (Home 110V) Portable Air Compressor
- 1.0.7 7. Campbell Hausfeld RP1200 12 Volt Compact Inflator
- 1.0.8 8. Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow High Volume 12 Volt Air Compressor
- 1.0.9 9. Cartman DC12V Heavy Duty Air Compressor
- 1.0.10 10. ePath China Portable Super Flow 12 Volt 140 PSI Tire Inflator
- 2 Final Verdict